Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Redwood Network Ltd. via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and /or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, Protection and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Redwood Network Ltd., (we or us)
Redwood Network Ltd., a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12723723 whose registered office is at 1 Wades Hill, London, N21 1BD;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;
User or You
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Redwood Network Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Redwood Network Ltd. and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.redwood.rent, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
the app linked to or directed from www.redwood.rent
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Redwood Network Ltd. is the "data controller". This means that Redwood Network Ltd. determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
a. date of birth;
c. job title;
e. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
f. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; g. financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
h. IP address (automatically collected);
i. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
j. operating system (automatically collected);
k. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
l. profile & property advert pictures; m. dietary preference & allergies;
n. vaccination status;
o. sexual orientation;
p. working from home frequency; q. religious beliefs;
r. political views;
s. object & pet ownership;
t. people you may live with;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you;
b. data is received from other sources; and
c. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Redwood Network Ltd. will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, the app, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
d. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
e. when you use our services;
Data that is received from third parties
8. Redwood Network Ltd. will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
a. Analytics platforms such as Hotjar or Google Analytics
Data that is collected automatically
9. To the extent that you access the Website or App, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website or the App. This information helps us to make improvements to content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website or App and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies or through third party analytics, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
10. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
e. non-personally identifiable data for the purposes of adverts with local businesses ;
11. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
12. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
13. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
14. We may use your Data to show you Redwood Network Ltd. adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Redwood Network Ltd. adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed "Cookies" below).